London Life: 1941-1943
This page shows, in date order, London Life magazine front covers from 1941 to 1943.
The issues of 1941 are a large A4 format, but the 4 October 1941 issue carried a 'paper control warning' on the cover to the effect that the next issue would be ‘magazine size’. Not only this, but the 1942 issues became fortnightly and were printed and published from Katesgrove in Reading.
London Life's address, 7aWine Office Court, no longer exists, though No 7 is still standing. The building, dating from 1870, was the original office of the Press Association (founded in 1868). It was later occupied by the National Church League and the Church Society Library. The present-day name, Dean Wace House, comes from this era after the Dean of Canterbury in the 1920s, Henry Wace. The property company Pathfinder converted the Grade II listed building into six, two-bedroomed flats in 1998.